Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Patient of the Week: Joe Luna

Words cannot express the love that we have for our clients, you are all the reason why we are so passionate about BeliteWeight and the services it provides. That being said, we have decided to dedicate posts throughout the week to outstanding people who have used BeliteWeight's services to begin a new healthier, happier life.

This week we wanted to feature a gentleman who has won the hearts of every person at BeliteWeight (including the surgeons)! Joe Luna had his surgery about 3 months ago at the Tijuana location has lost about 87 lbs. and is still on his way down. Below are Joe's photos and weight loss story:

     

I was an eating machine, a food-addict, the “big guy” at work; I lived to eat. I knew I needed to make a change and I could not do it alone. This is when I found BeliteWeight. My patient facilitator and I discussed and decided that the Vertical Gastric Sleeve procedure was the perfect fit for me. Going into this surgery in Mexico, I never knew the outcome would ever lead me to meeting such a great group of people, now whom I call friends. When you arrive, you are picked up by Alberto, who was an absolute blast. He loved his country and showed me how wonderful it truly is. The doctors are there for you through it all, when I needed something, the nurses and doctors would be at my hospital bed in less than 30 seconds. It’s this type of personalization that makes everything perfect.

In one month, I went from a size 60 to a 52 and I keep losing. It makes me really ask myself, what did I do to get to this way and was it ever worth it. I would take at least 4-6 Advil every day for pain and ever since the day of my surgery, I have not take any pain pills. If you’re miserable and uncomfortable, this surgery and the people at BeliteWeight takes this away and gives your confidence back and now, I am paying it forward.

1 comment:

  1. This story really touched my heart. It is so wonderful to hear sucha nice things about Belite and its staff... Thank you so much Joe, for sharing your story and for making us all feel special :) XO, Bibi

    ReplyDelete